View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

So I finally got a chance to test my new set up at Watkins Glen. I have a Dinan Stage 4 setup and have been having issues with going into limp mode at the end of each and every track session on long demanding tracks. These sessions averaged 20min. in length. We've all theorized that it's the weak HPFP not being able to handle HP demands over 400hp. It's also known that the ECU is sensitive to high temperatures. So I bit the bullet and installed the Fuel-It Stage 3 fuel pump to see if that would help cure the fueling issue. I also installed CSF's high performance radiator to go with my previously installed Evolution Racewerks oil cooler to address possible cooling issues. The Dinan fuel pickup upgrade was also previously installed. I made sure that I ran the car in S4 to reproduce the problem conditions. I can report that in 76*F ambient temperatures, I did not have ANY issues whatsoever! Well I did have an issue when I got down to a near empty tank, where I experienced some intermittent hesitation in high speed sweepers but I was damn near empty! Today was open track sessions for instructors. I ran one stint continuously for 1hr. 20 min. (I've never ran a stint that long and I was wasted after). Starting on a full tank of 93 octane and ran it until it had less than 1/8 of a tank. The car is SOOOO much more enjoyable running S4 in track conditions. Pulls like a freight train. My terminal speeds at the end of the back straight were 5mph higher (142). The Fuel-It Stage 3 upgrade was worth every penny for me. My cooling mods were also impressive. My max water temps were 228*F, and oil temps were 251*F, well under the thresholds to effect timing pulling. I also ran all day with the M4GTS MDM coded upgrade for the first time to see how it behaved on track and it's pretty good to me. Not at all that intrusive. I'm running with the nannys off tomorrow for comparison, but it's a huge improvement over Sport+ MDM. If your running 400+HP applications, I highly recommend the mods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
ZM22810.50
VegasM285.50
M2guru383.50