View Single Post
      12-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #167
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
If it was only that easy? Have you seen 1M prices?

Also, most 1Ms were ordered with NAV, so while still a more raw driving experience, the NAV screen kills it for me. If I have to live with a NAV screen and iDrive, then the M2 should be considered. Especially for normal guys that want some warranty while making payments.
It's true that 1M prices are high for a used car (around original MSRP?) but, odds are you could get one, drive it for the next year, sell it for little to no loss...possibly even a gain. You won't come close to that on a new car. I see all the time "why get a used 1M for $xxx.xx when I could get a (insert brand new less fun car here ) for the same price?" After a year you lose a ton on the newer auto. Warranty would be the biggest issue but the n54 is a pretty stout engine so the main worries would be fuel pump?

On a side note, we have another little one on the way and I happen to have a no NAV VO 1M. The only options are heated seats and VO. I am not selling it right now but you never know what the future holds. I might end up with a huge SUV god forbid...
Appreciate 0