10-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #19
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
Winter storage? You wuss. I live in NE too (CT). Put snow tires on it and enjoy it year round.
lol, I know but I'm OCD about salt/rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I had to drive to Foxwoods and to the Maine coast to get my 1200 miles the first month, since then it's been sitting, just 2k total miles since April

I'm such a creampuff

I was traveling, I had chemo treatments and some work but NOW I'm cancer free, no more work this year and I'm getting a winter wheel set up from sun motors PA

drive late late @ night or early in the morning to get some clear roads to break er in

drop off car for for service on a Saturday so you will get a loaner for minimum of 2 days that way you can have a clean loaner to pickup whores in that have glitter and cheap perfume, smoke cigars with friends (no evidence of your weekend) in a loaner

Public announcement: Herb Chambers BMW loaner x3 Sapphire Black with sticky back seats is a sav you want to AVOID 😐

Edit: off topic, strange year high highs and low lows, i took the year off work (self employed) I got to travel with my son for the euro delivery, wife to Greece and nephews and son to Yellowstone, getting healthy changed my perspective on life, not wasting energy on anger or regret, living each day as a gift, rainy Wednesday night in boston my wife made spaghetti and meatballs (normal simple home meal) I kissed her telling her I'm happy we're all here eating this plate of heartburn togeather
Forget the car story bit, so glad to hear you're CANCER FREE my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Before they started paying for "scheduled" maintenance, all new BMWs required a 1200-mile break in service (oil, diff and tranny fluid).

Curiously, my dealer told me they won't CPO an M model unless it had the break-in service before 1500 miles. I've never heard of that, not sure I believe it, or perhaps it was specific to this dealer.
Good to know, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
This has been covered at least once for every break in mile so about 1,200 times.
Yes there are reasons, just drive your car to work a few times and you'll hit your mileage.
I actually WFH, and am usually stuck at my desk at home most of the day on meetings and calls. Hence it being mostly a weekend toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
plan a weekend road trip?
I was thinking the same thing; going to just plan a weekend road trip and knock it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomigo View Post
For me, I took a day trip up into the mountains, twice. It made for nice changes on the engine and transmission loads. 2 lane, of course, except for a short stretch of highway to get some speed miles in. Since that day was only about 300 miles, I did the same thing the next weekend, to a different pass. I put on my 1200 in about 3 weeks, and got some nice driving in as well. Now, almost 2 months later sitting a little over 1500 from the daily commute. I need another mountain trip before the snow hits.
I need to do this!
Appreciate 0