View Single Post
      10-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #59
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

First, thanks so much for this thread and the info you've shared! I have some questions, as I am going to be heading down the same rabbit hole that you're in now, LOL!

I already have in my possession (not installed) the pure stage 2 turbo with GFB diverter & pure inlet. My car is currently running the VF stage 2 hex tune, whcih I've grown bored of...there's no top end.

Mods include: AA intercooler, ER charge & TIC pipes, Dinan intake / resonator delete & fabspeed sport cat. My goal is 500-600whp, strongly depending on reliability, and minimal complexity. In other words, I'll sacrifice whp for safe & reliable power. I also have an MPE (gen 1) that I'll be installing with the PS2.

1) Is this the correct p/n for the n20 tmap? 13-62-7-585-493

2) I am hoping to run either fuel-it or bmp port injection, with upgraded lpfp. I might also upgrade the HPFP if needed. I want to ONLY RUN 93 Octane PUMP FUEL for both stock fueling and PI kit. How come I don't see anyone else doing this? Are there some drawbacks that I am not aware of?

3) (I might be ignorant with this, so excuse me in advance.) I don't want to run JB4, or JB4 PI fuel controller. I am led to believe that the split second PI fuel controller can be made to work with a custom flash tune. Is this correct? If so, can I assume that safety features will be available via tune, should the PI system malfunction?

4) Is my AA intercooler going to cut it? I've been reading and despite AA's claims, it seems like it might not be up to the task. I have had great experiences with Evolution Racewerks, and I am strongly considering purchasing their intercooler. Thoughts?

5) Based off of some experiences from other members here, I have purchased a set of NGK 97506 spark plugs. What's your experience with plugs?

That's all I have for now, but more to follow. And I don't want to hijack your thread, so please take this offline via PM if need be

TIA,
Bob
Appreciate 0