06-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #55
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise View Post
M6GC is a little better (than the awful looking standard car) but still a far cry off this car in terms of looks and especially interior quality an design given how much nice even the old Panamera was over just about anything.
A 4400 lb sedan with 550 hp running 7:38 on a street tire is noting short of biblical. That is as fast as a 997 GT3 or 458 Italia and better than most manufacturers best sports car and sports saloons that are not even as luxury oriented as this.
Last time I checked an m6gc started at ~120k and still doesn't perform, handle, or look as good as this nor has the refinement, tech or quality. The turbo at 150k is well worth the premium especially since the Panamera also holds value far better as the top high end luxury sedan for resale. The turbo S will only be that much further out of reach with its performance. End of the day the Panamera is a car that commands a price because of how well it's made, it's performance and its exclusivity. It's a car for those who can afford it, and it sells extremely well.

And on top of that the wagon of this car is also quite the looker too.
I guess all these arguing points here are rather subjective...doesn't mean that either of us is wrong...to me the $30K difference between the two is an insanely large amount of money...to you it may just be a drop in the bucket.

I do like the interior but I guess I'm just not impressed with Cadillac ATS type of touch buttons...they didn't execute it well, I hope Porsche did a better job...only time will tell. I, for one, always liked BMW's austere and clinical cabins, but that's just me, I guess.

On the outside, the thing is ugly as fuck, is and always will be...just like it's predecessor. Like I said earlier, wheels usually help it get by but you can only put so much lipstick on a pig...

As far as the performance goes, that thing is ridiculous. No one in their right mind could argue that. It's putting down some impressive times especially if it's 'only' a Turbo and not the Turbo S...but I'd like some visual/third party confirmation before I believe anything.

I'll wait to see if the next M5/M6GC are lighter and AWD...and if so, how they perform...until then, this one reigns supreme...no doubt.

As far as value goes...here is a 3 year old Turbo going for 50% of it's original value...but that is none of my business...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=118022699

Last edited by mirob; 06-29-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0