View Single Post
      01-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

If the dealer does a lot of out of state transactions (Ebay, etc.), they may have a good connection to help you arrange transport for the vehicle. If they're a smaller dealer, they may not, and could look to charge a premium on helping arrange transportation.

I bought my M2 from an out of state BMW dealer and decided to go pick it up myself. Obviously, this is prohibitive if the car you're looking at is really far away (Seattle, New England, etc. for you), but is something to consider to make sure you have the chance to inspect the car thoroughly before dropping $45-55k. Luckily, I ended up finding mine in a neighboring state that was only a few hundred miles away, but was looking at cars as far away as New Jersey (~1000 miles). I figured a one way flight (~$200 max) plus gas and some meals would be far less than shipping the car. It would also provide the opportunity for an extended (albeit highly paranoid) test drive.

Lastly, aWanderlustSeoul , this may be moot since you already purchased your car, but my dealer was still able to arrange all of the Tax, Title, Registration, Plates, etc. even though I was out of state. I didn't have to deal with Illinois DMVs at all unless I was calling them to check on the status of my plates.
Appreciate 0