View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #31
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
Hey man, just wanted to let you know that I had multiple episodes like this. The best thing you can do is to get it up to speed and do a HARD brake before parking the car. In our climate, especially if theres a little water or snow/ice on the road, no way the traction between the tire and road will be enough to break the seizure free. Otherwise, the only thing that worked for me is to put the front tow hook on and drag it with a truck on some dry tarmac. I do feel that now my car has some good miles on it, it is less prone to happened. Probably a bit more clearance between the pad and the rotor than when it was new.
Thanks for your input!!! Much appreciated. Yeah, I think I have to do a better job of drying my brakes out after a wash (although the first time this happened was a few days after washing, still a little confused about that one - that time, it was cool but dry, and I dragged the seized tire on bare asphalt, to no avail!).
Wow - it sounds like your brake seized REALLY hard, too.
And you're right - my car is still very low mileage, so hopefully, like your car, these episodes will stop happening, with more miles put on.

Thanks!!!