pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1 View Post
The clutch and flywheel removed from the car were in very good condition with no signs of uneven wear or hot spots. This issue was brought to their shop Forman and master M tech. All parties were confident symptoms were caused by the sticker alone. These stickers are not paper, they're a tear-resistant plastic. As evident in the image, the sticker was getting hot enough to char over the 32k miles, many of which saw stop-go traffic.

Of note, I'd struggled with inconsistency in the clutch engagement from day 1, with symptoms only worsening over time, then eventually severe enough to replicate in the presence of a technician.

Since replaced, the clutch has been solid, smooth, consistent and shutter free.
What I find super interesting is the fact that the plastic sticker held up for all that time. You would think that a couple of dozen fast starts would have vaporised it!
I guess we live and learn. Did BMW offer you any "compensation" for lack of enjoyment. The fact that you have been at them and it took this long and it was clearly an assembly mistake. Think they owe you something...
I was shocked as well that it held up.

Still working on pushing the issue through BMWNA. I got very formal apology from dealer (they also dented my car in same time frame), but all was handled professionally and appropriately. Dealer is assisting in BMWNA clutch claim.
Appreciate 0