View Single Post
      05-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #17
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
I read about compatibility between OEM and track pads. Something about the same type of material. Which track pads would be most compatible with OEM?
I'm very comfortable with working on the car so I would have no problem swapping them.
+1 for RS29. I've swapped between stock pads and track pads many, many times with no issues with vibration.

Honestly, I think it's more important to keep the same pads on the same rotors (and on the same side) and do proper bedding in procedures. The former is to ensure the wear patterns are similar for each pad and the latter will pretty much remove any traces of the previous pad.

Realistically, track pads (when cold) will scrub off the stock pad transfer layer, so when you get to the track, you take it easy the first session and bed in brakes there. When driving home, the track pads will be cold again and remove the transfer layer, then swap back to stock pads. Street pads bed in over time just by street driving so the whole procedure is actually pretty easy.
Appreciate 0