View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #15
5thGearPinned
Not Mids
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 -FBO + PS2

Cool

So I got the car back on Friday going from bone stock to FBO, PS2 turbo, and the BC Coil overs with 12mm spacers all around. I was alarmed at how low they set the ride height - this car is my daily and it is pretty slammed imo and lower than I intended to drop it. Despite this, the car rides really well on the terribly maintained San Diego streets, and it looks great (of course) . The ride is pretty similar to stock and very compliant over choppy roads, but the stiffness is noticeable and the car is very responsive to steering input now in comfort or sport modes. You do notice the vehicle bounces slightly on small bumps at speed, but in all, the BC kit with Swift springs is looking to be a nice street setup. I have not messed with any of the dampening, and the shocks are set exactly as they came out of the box. The technician also did not see the extended rear adjusters which I paid extra for, which is a bummer. This means I have to remove my rear wheels to make any dampening adjustments to the rear of the car. Also the camber plate on one shock rattled lose after the first 5min of driving prompting us to re-tighten everything and all appears to be solid now. Again, I have not done any spirited driving and will report back after a solid canyon or track run. I also drove the car fully loaded with 4 people yesterday and put on about 100 miles on over the weekend all of which was city and freeway driving. The wheels in the rear rub on large bumps and will still rub with no rear passengers if I hit anything significant at speed. Luckily I get one free adjustment and will likely raise the rear a bit before I get the car corner balanced and aligned. Unfortunately with the copious amounts of rain Southern CA has been getting, I haven't really pushed the car too hard yet and will do a full feature thread on my build as there are not THAT many cars on the forums running upgraded turbos.

EDIT: Rear wheels do not need to be removed for adjustments. Can be performed on the ground
Attached Images

Last edited by 5thGearPinned; 03-19-2020 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: pictures upside down, sorry!
Appreciate 0