04-15-2020, 02:22 AM   #7
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
This is a late reply but only now I've learned the difference between the two. Although they may technically be the same oil, one is marketed before 2018 and another after 2018. After 2018, Pennzoil has an additional test standard that designates their oil with the SN PLUS label which is a further designation indicating it is better for turbocharged GDI engines such as ours in preventing LSPI (low speed pre ignition) which could be devastating for the health of our engines. Now the two oils may in fact be identical but personally I feel more at ease using an oil with the SN PLUS label....also as of May of this year watch for a further enhancement in engine oil standards with the new label of GF-6 which is also a better standard for our turbocharged GDI engines. Hope this helps with any confusion
Thanks for researching that, learned something new today . I bought the ones from the first link back in March 2020 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1), sold by GPS and not the sold by Amazon ones. I just double checked the bottles I received from them and they're SN Plus labeled as well and have the same labels as the ones pictured on the Amazon link. They're probably just using a pre-2018 picture on Amazon, however I received the 2018 and after bottle with the SN Plus label.
Appreciate 1