M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
This is a great conversation - I have been interested in doing this on my F80 ZCP and would consider it on the M2C as well.

Is there any consensus as to which is the more preferred vendor? I haven't read those threads in a long time.
Both BM3 and BPM do exceptional work and provide top notch support for their customers. There are significantly more BM3 customers due to many reasons such as:

-They started working on F8x platform way before than BPM
-Their stage 1 and stage OTS maps seem to outperform most other tuners' stage 1 and 2
-Their platform is very unique. They allow individual tuners to deliver their own tunes via the BM3 platform. For example, if you know an experienced tuner, he can create a custom map for you by using BM3 platform
-They offer a lot fo customizations such as adjusting burble aggressiveness, enabling/disabling cold start, turn on/off catless downpipe check, enable disable top speed limiter, enable/disable rev-match in comfort, sport, sport+ etc. These are really important as you can just select/deselect whichever you want in their UI before flashing your map and you can change these settings as many times as you want. with other tuners, you tell them what exactly you want and they send you a map with those features. Let's say you want to disable cold start later on, you'd have to contact the tuner and he would have to send you a new map if you were using any other tuner than BM3.

BPM may not be a as popular for F8x platform yet but they have a huge customer base from E46 and E9x folks. I know couple E46 and E92 owners who are in love with their BPM tunes. Mike at BPM is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to coding, flashing F8x platform. He has a repository of not only OEM ZCP, CS, GTS maps but also every single I-Step version that your car can possibly have. In other words, returning back to stock and locking the DME safely is not an issue with BPM either.

Although it seems like BM3 is the best option here in terms customizability, you can't really go wrong with either. Also, I want all OEM setup; in other words, OEM burbles, OEM cold start, OEM CS map so BPM would satisfy all my requirements as well.
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00