Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3M2R8Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I'm in agreement about the front camber. The M2 does not need camber plates as much as most BMWs.

After two laps in my 1M, stock, the TIRES were screaming for camber plates. They are a necessory for any track work on the 1M.

I also 100 percent agree with you on the brake pads ! Those are the weakest stock M pads I have ever experienced. They are good for novice only. :

I'm already a little concerned for M2 owners that will be coming to the Texas Trifecta at COTA in June. In my " slow " 1M i can reach 145-150 mph on the back straight and I would expect about 4-5mph higher from the M2 with its better top end power and also addl mph entry onto the straight due to better grip.
Should I start looking at better pads? Yes, I am planning to bring the F87 to COTA.
For front axle, absolutely.

I'm Not sure if COTA is faster or not than Sebring , but OP was only able to limp his car through a day at Sebring by not running full sessions. 1M Tex runs in our top run group ( Adv+ ) and also experienced fade at MSR.

Franklin Joseph is an instructor and is already going for fronts I believe.

It's my personal opinion that BMW AG realizes that the OE pads for the M2 are insufficient for the likes of even mere press car drivers to drive on at the track. It seems to me that pretty much Every press invent involving the M2 driving on a track has had two absolutes.

1- " M performance " brake pads
2- DCT - not manual

I don't think either of these are by accident.

In the past, I also have never heard it specifically stated at a press intro that an M car was equipped with non OE equipment.

Based on this information: I strongly recommend any driver beyond novice level upgrade their pads on an M2.
Appreciate 0