Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did the 1-Day M School a couple years ago in SC with the National Capital Chapter and considering the 2-Day M School at Thermal later this year. I’m on the fence and leaning toward passing on it. A few questions:

1. How does the track compare to Performance Center East (SC)?
2. What are you experiencing in the 2-Day M School that you’re not getting from the 1-Day? I know what th marketing materials say but interested in an unfiltered and unbiased view?
3. Are you driving the new M5 at all? I think I know the answer but would like to confirm.
4. Do you get a hot lap with the instructor in the new M5?
5. Is the M2 being driven on laps of the broader course and not just the “AutoX” section?

Thanks again for sharing and please post more pics when you have a moment.
1. The track experience is different. SC has more elevation change, especially that one section tucked away in the back corner near where they run the motorcycles and such. It's almost complete flat in CA.

The Thermal Club circuit we ran on on the second day was lots of fun, more so than the big section that they run in SC. Pics and info on that when I write up day 2. If I had to chose one, I'd chose CA again.

2. I've only done the M-Club days in SC, which are one day events. These are (supposedly) BMWCCA-specific events so I'm not sure how they compare to the 1-day M-School. I will say, the second day was a blast. I figured if I'm going to spend the money, take time off work, make the trip, I'm damn well going to do as many days as possible. I wasn't disappointed.

3. No M5s in the school at this time. Maybe sometime later this year is what I remember hearing.

4. Nope, best we got to do was ogle the M5 in front of the building. Hot laps were done at the end of the second day in M3s.

5. Just like in SC the M2 is relegated to the smaller autocross section, primarily. I really wish we could have taken them out on the larger faster sections but the M3s and M4s were used for that.
Appreciate 2
Clark_Kent2223.00