View Single Post
      06-28-2023, 11:20 AM   #331
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I agree w this.. there are a TON of cars that i've read about in the papers and then actually drove them and they didn't align... I personally think I would really like the CTR even if its FWD... BUT at a $50K price point, it becomes hard for me to fathom... when a 1 year old M340i comes into play and fundamentally has everything that is better... it has the penalty of weight and steering feel but I'll take that given what else the car is offering.
At $52K MSRP the ITS is right between the M240i and xDrive versions. The BMW is much faster in a straight line (especially with xDrive from a dig) and oddly enough gets much better highway MPG. It also has many more luxury options standard like a sunroof and rear vents. If you option out the Premium pack and HK system, you just add $3K, so still within striking distance.

A M340i with the 19" wheels, Premium, HK, and sport packs runs $60.5K though, which is in another league. As hinted, you would need to look at the used market to be in the $50K's. I don't need the space and think the M240i looks much sportier, so I personally would not though. In general 1-2 years used is the way so someone else pays for the big depreciation hit (but that's another discussion).

Whenever I bring up either of these options on Integra forums, fb groups, YT, etc. the main response I get is "BMW's don't last and are expensive to maintain". To me that's such 1990's thinking. The B58 is a reliable work of art (so much so that Toyota used it for the Supra). An oil change will be more for the larger engine, but will be countered by the better MPG noted. Depreciation hits BMW harder, but we are talking like 5% more in 5 years, which is fairly minimal. I plan to keep my next car for over a decade so this is even more irrelevant to me. I'm mostly concerned about repair & parts costs, but I don't think they would be THAT much more expensive on a M240ix than a ITS.
Appreciate 4
MmmmmM22595.00
ASAP10204.00
Coconut768.50