02-20-2020, 11:28 PM   #36
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
Oh, you're one of "those" forum users?

How dare I speak of my own first-hand experience with this product in my car?

What do you want me to say? The increased power, torque, boost and boost curve moving forward even though it's been recorded by dyno and logs (dyno OBD logs) and my feeling of the before and after are all just in my head?

I'll not share my personal experiences with new products for our cars going forward. Clearly you already know it all

Yet another forum bully who hasn't any first-hand experience with a particular product telling those who have used the product that their results are wrong lol

Why do I care if other people are running 18psi on the stock DV? Good for them? I didn't originally know I was only getting 12.7psi when it looks like I should have been getting 13.5psi? Maybe they are running 18psi when they should be getting more if they didn't have the leak?
Again I ask if you have actually seen how these things seal? It's two hard surfaces trying to seal, it's like having a plastic cup of water, you turn it upside down and try and seal it closed to the metal surface of a sink, sure it will seal enough, but you will be losing water slowly, just like how the OEM valve "seals".
As I originally mentioned I bought it for the sound, I did before and after dyno originally for the BMS air intake as the internet says very mixed things about air intakes, according to some "internet experts" I would see a drop in power, other "internet experts" said no change in power and other "internet experts" said I would see an increase in power.
I've got access to a fully enclosed atmospherically sealed and fully controlled hub dyno (I've got dozens and dozens of engine bay testing rigs at my disposal, but that's a lot harder to do having to pull the engine out of the car and get a hold of when OEM's are paying a lot of money to use them) and actual real-world automotive engineering experts (not just grease monkeys) at work as I work for Exxon Mobil Lubricants so it doesn't cost me anything other than my time to do it.

On stock tune (car is currently still stock) the BMS air intake made no difference to power, torque, boost, anything really. Other than a louder induction sound $450AUD for sound.

The Turbosmart unit made a difference worth mentioning and I wasn't expecting it to happen. I share my experience and then I get ridiculed by someone on the internet telling me it's impossible?

I'm not too worried though, I literally know EVERYTHING there is to know about lubricants, and I still get "internet experts" trying to school me on the basics of what oil to put in a particular car

Mate I've got metal charge pipes, a decat and an intercooler ready to put on the car and will have it tuned at the same time. I'd like to share my first-hand experience and findings on the parts with other forum users, but now I'm worried I'll offend an internet expert?

Didn't you originally think this product was a pneumatic product rather than an electronic product and that it was 100% vent to atmosphere? You didn't even know what the product was originally, yet you still had an opinion on it

Aren't they pneumatic, meaning they vent slower than the OEM and DV+ options. Also aren't they binary open/close, meaning they won't decrease lag as the progressive DV+ would? Also, they have one single port option, which vents entirely to atmostphere, leading to increased lag."[/B]

Anthony, you and people like you are the reason people like me who could be providing useful first-hand information about our vehicles and modifications to them don't bother posting anymore. I'm literally here giving my first hand experience and you're now out to get me? Or GFB? or Turbosmart? I'm not even sure you know who you are after anymore?

As for GFB vs Turbosmart, they are usually the same thing, I haven't spent much time on the GFB option in a while, months ago I decided to try Turbosmart and thus far no issues and i'm happy with the sound I get and bonus extra power

As for one over another, in this case it's not for me to say, I haven't used the DV+ in this car.

Both will probably do a similar job, one is a plug and play and you can revert to stock easily, and the other you need to fiddle with the OEM part for it to work and if you want to go back to stock you'll need to buy a new OEM part and I guess could mean a potential warranty claim issues if it's the wrong OEM version maybe? just a thought?

Basically I like the product, it does what it's meant to do, plus I got more out of it than expected which makes me feel good about my purchase.

Have fun replying, I've had enough of Mr know it all and I'm grown up enough to now move on until the next forum troll has a go at me for simply stating my valid experience.
This isn't about denying personal experiences. It's about me trying to figure out if I should buy this over the DV+ but whenever I asked questions about it and bring up concerns I have or things I'm trying to understand so I can make an informed decision, I get told I'm being unreasonable and the people I ask the questions to (the ones who have the experience and write about it here) get combative with me.

And come on now. You can't accuse me of denying your personal experiences (which I haven't. I asked for clarification of them. You just twist it around into me somehow denying them) then deny they tons of forum posts I've shown of other people's personal experiences saying otherwise and tons of technical articles explaining what you're describing as psychically impossible. That's hypocritical.

There is seriously 11 years of use of the OEM diverter valve our cars come with. I'm going to take experience of 11 years of forums posts and documentation and evidence of it's operation over your anecdotal evidence of "I just know they all leak".

If you have such easy access to these dynos and research facilities you claim to have, you would post your evidence of your claims. Not hard.

And did I think the TS was originally pneumatic?... no, I asked you if it was because another forum member pushing the product was telling me it was and telling me it vented 100% to atmosphere. Which is partly why I started questioning everything and trying to find the right answers... Again, only to be met with responses like yours telling me I shouldn't question things and just trust you and buy the product and see for myself.

I don't really see why you're ridiculing me for asking questions to decide which I should buy, other than the questions I'm asking are too much and might expose the snake oil selling from people pushing the product.

You do realize 95% of your post history is you bashing the DV+ and talking up the TS product, right?

It's weird too, because just above you claim you've never used the DV+ plus so you can't give a recommendation on which is better. However in this post here, you claim how the DV+ wrecked your car... hmm.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...25&postcount=4

So, I'll just drop the mic like that.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50