View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #26
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
Considering they are electronic and use signals from the ECU to open and close a solenoid, then no they aren't pneumatic lol

The Turbosmart one replaces the stock unit entirely. Bolts and plugs straight in to the existing OEM wiring and bolt patern.

I put this one in and even without a tune i'm getting close to 10kw more peak power and boost coming on slightly earlier (due to making a complete seal unlike the OEM part). It bleeds off pressure rather than dumping it like the OEM does.

And when it comes time to sell the car, i'll put the OEM DV back on and put the Turbosmart part on ebay and get at least half or more of my money back.

I keep forgetting about the responce and lack of lag as I had this installed soon after I bought the car, but there was a very noticeable improvement in turbo lag and responsiveness as well.

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/k...vr2-dual-port/
Thanks. TS never responded to my questions so I never got a confirmation if it was pneumatic or not.

The OEM diverter valve doesn't leak lol. If they did, people would know. You'd see higher WGDC, you won't reach target boost, you'll get an underboost CEL, etc. TS saying it leaks from the factory is marketing nonsense. And even Pure dynos their turbos with the OEM valve...

By design, the dual port introduces more lag than the OEM unit because it vents to atmosphere. This isn't even questionable. The boost that was built up is vented off, then needs to be rebuilt after throttle is reapplied. It is not physically possible for the dual port to reduce lag.

How does this BOV handle the CEL it may cause?

Last edited by Anthony1s; 02-18-2020 at 11:21 PM..
Appreciate 0