View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #25
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I don't understand why people talk these up. Aren't they pneumatic, meaning they vent slower than the OEM and DV+ options. Also aren't they binary open/close, meaning they won't decrease lag as the progressive DV+ would? Also they have one single port option, which vents entirely to atmostphere, leading to increased lag. The other dual port option vents partially to atmosphere, which still leads to more lag over the OEM and DV+ option which don't vent to atmosphere at all. I may be wrong, but the turbosmart options seem catered more towards turbo sounds than actual improved performance.

Considering they are electronic and use signals from the ECU to open and close a solenoid, then no they aren't pneumatic lol

The Turbosmart one replaces the stock unit entirely. Bolts and plugs straight in to the existing OEM wiring and bolt patern.

I put this one in and even without a tune i'm getting close to 10kw more peak power and boost coming on slightly earlier (due to making a complete seal unlike the OEM part). It bleeds off pressure rather than dumping it like the OEM does.

And when it comes time to sell the car, i'll put the OEM DV back on and put the Turbosmart part on ebay and get at least half or more of my money back.

I keep forgetting about the responce and lack of lag as I had this installed soon after I bought the car, but there was a very noticeable improvement in turbo lag and responsiveness as well.

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/k...vr2-dual-port/

Last edited by Wattens; 02-18-2020 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 2
Bee Pee1779.00
AmuroRay2275.00