02-18-2020, 02:58 AM   #23
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
Thanks all. Can someone school me what the GFB DV+ actually does? How hard is it to install? Also, does it put much stress on the turbo or any other downsides?
Standard DV has a rubber diaphragm which will age with time/use/heat cycles. GFB DV+ uses OEM DV body but replaces the rubber component and can be configured with or wo main spring.

I run it with spring and had whilst stock and also with BM3 stg293 Oct OTS.

What I noticed from my logs was that at high boost levels, oem DV would "flutter" and DME would see this and reign in timing/boost etc to minimise the "flutter" effect. With GFB DV+ there is zero flutter, no CEL [stock or BM3'd], boost remains stable for longer and throttle response is better throughout the rev range.

Yes its a PITA to install but did mine whilst upgrading FMIC/boost pipes and Pure hi flo inlet so access was easier. Minor point but GFB DV+ is ~ 50% of the cost of TS dual DV/BOV.

OP - in terms of keeping lag in check, ER boost pipes [smooth ID and larger bore] + Pure hi flo inlet + dry drop in air filter will help esp offsetting any inherent lag caused by bigger I/cooler - in my case CSF.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0