dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
I totally understand your situation and I hope you got to pick up your car today!

My experience was similarly frustrating for a different reason which resulted in a two and a half month delay in getting my car. From my perspective, BMW Military Sales is a joke.

I'll save you the details but the highlights are that I ordered a US specification Long Beach Blue M2 through the 'main' BMW Military Sales dealer in Germany in Dec 16. I paid full MSRP plus the destination charge which is supposed to cover fright costs for transporting the car from the US port to the US dealer...in the US! I paid 10% when I ordered it in Dec 16 and paid for it in full in March 17 for a mid April deliver at the Welt in Munich (destination charge?!?). I sold my daily driver, booked non-refundable flights, hotels etc., and eight (8) days before the delivery date, my service rep sends me the finally paperwork I would need to take delivery at the Welt...of a Mineral Gray M2.

They offered to perform my Break-In Service for free if I would take the MG car...FYI, the 1200 mile Break-In Service is free for everyone EXCEPT Military Sales customers outside the US.

I declined their offer and they (one of the largest BMW Dealers groups in Germany) was able to 'pull some strings' and get my LBB M2 rescheduled for production at the end of June. Work commitments meant I could not take delivery until the end of July so I owned the car 6 days before I had to make my 5th payment! Not to mention, I had to buy another car to get to work! The Dealer's mistake cost me about $5K and the sales manager wouldn't even return my phone calls or e-mails.

I called BMW NA but the 'Geniuses' don't know anything about the Military Sales program and keep confusing it with the USAA Military Sales program they support. I hope your Connected Drive features work, mine don't, and don't get me started on the navigation!

Bottom line, don't let the dealer's incompetence spoil the experience, drive your new M2 and enjoy it!