General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
supply and demand my friend. If everyone is paying attention to the CS, or trading in their 16/17's...you never know. a few prople on here have bought for less than msrp. i have quotes of msrp in writing for both LCI and CS. not paying over!!
I think a number of people who got below MSRP are just using the USAA discount or whatever where the dealer still gets paid, they just get the difference from BMW, it wasn't a negotiation or a price reduction. Now some people have actually negotiated below MSRP but again I think most people saying they got 1500 off or whatever are just using some kind of incentive where the dealer doesn't take a hit on the price at all. Many many people when asked about their discounted price said they used a BMW incentive to get their lower price.

Now the most common reason for actually getting below MSRP where dealer takes the his is 17s stitting on the lot when 18s are weeks away or UK M2s. Supply and demand comes into play here for a limited time where buyers are willing to wait a weeks or a month for a face lifted 18 rather than take a 17 so demand dries up and dealers want to get rid of 17s on the lot. The UK lives in the magical land of 5 new m2s and 8 used m2s on the lot, I don't know what that's about, your guess is as good as mine.

As far as the CS I think it's just going to eat into regular M2 production, so it's not going to be increasing the amount of M2s BMW makes. Every CS is one less base M2. What about demand for the CS? Well a ton of people on this forum claim if it's not in manual, they rather drive a van than a DCT M2 CS, so there goes some demand. Also price is obviously going to be a factor. Some can't afford the CS but they can the base. Others who can afford the CS may decide they rather spend that money on a porsche if they are going to open their wallet that wide.

Also what happens if the CS is pretty limited in production? Everyone wants it, but not everyone can have it? Those who can't get it because they didn't ALREADY get on their dealers list are they going to just pass on the M2 altogether now and take their ball and go home? I think if all the CS cars that will be made are already spoken for by the early birds, then interest in the base m2 will remain strong.

I only see the base M2 sitting on lots if M2 base production remains the same ,but CS production is in significant quantity and an addition to the base production, AND the CS is priced within the budget of base M2 buyers. Seems unlikely. But hey if I am wrong then maybe I will be trading mine in for one.

If none of this made any sense, I wrote it at 2am so....
I will confess I didn't read all that

But if it's of use to some the UK dealers do indeed have quite a bit of 17 stock they are discounting. My local for example (after the set of cars from which I bought a month ago) had another 5 cars come in, 4 still available. All this has me optimistic they might get quite some CS and GTS allocations come the day

https://www.halliwelljones.co.uk/bmw...cbpf=.m-models