Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Right?? Cheapest one on Rennlist is like $96k and I doubt they'll drop much in value once the 718 GT4 is released down the road.
Unless the 718 GT4 gets some detuned version of the GT3's 4.0L engine.

Besides the gearing, the one thing that you could (sort of ) knock the 981 GT4 for was the lack of a true GT-spec engine. It was the 991.1 CS engine...which is obviously good, but not the 8800+ revving monster we have seen in the various forms of the GT3 lately.

Although Porsche might keep that in their back pocket for the GT4-RS. That's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

EDIT - I look at the 981 GT4 as a very similar exercise as the 1M was for BMW. I think they wanted to test the market, and so while the 981 GT4 has tons of upgrades over a 981 GTS, Porsche didn't go to the level of giving it a GT-spec engine. Now that they know people really will buy a GT-level Cayman, we might see them sprinkle more magic into the 718 version.
I prefer my 1M to the GT4. Odd as I'm sure 95% of people would take the GT4. Both are fantastic cars the 1M is just a bit less predictable and I think more fun!
Wow. Interesting. I passed on an opportunity to drive a friend's GT4 on track at Texas World Speedway .. he was in break in and said to keep it under 5k. I said .. thanks but no thanks... I will probably NOT be able to do that.

They are definitely fantastic cars and the only car I would potentially trade the 1M for is a GT4... definitely not a stock M2...

I might offer a dealer to trade me a CS even up... :

Actually .. as a 1M owner .. im sitting at the table holding my cards until the M2 CS or GTS is announced with a manual ... If they don't have 6MT I will fold my hand.

An M2 GTS with a 6 MT .. I would be all in.

Your move BMW
Appreciate 1
JTO245271.50