09-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #98
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
I posted the question on 2ADDICTS, I'll follow up with any new info.
Just following up as promised ... better late rather than never! Seems the harness issues are sorted out, but here's what I learned from 2ADDICTS on the missing bass issue (reduced signal strength vs out-of-phase front speaker):
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
After I initially installed the harness I contacted Technic whose response you see posted above. I then removed the harness and used everything in a stock form. Once the news broke of the harness mod that fixes the bass response I did the mod and reinstalled the harness. The bass response is fixed. So, I assume the 15W AMP loss from the missing ASD module isn't as significant as the out-of-phase issue with the harness wiring. I'd say order a harness and enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Saw your post on the M2 forum as well ...

I think it's a combination of both. The out-of-phase condition that the original wiring in the harness created in the subs had a far larger effect than any lost line-level input voltage that taking ASD out of the signal path creates. And honestly, that amount of power (15W) is nowhere near enough to make a tremendous difference in bass frequency SPL. It would be manifested far more in the higher audible registers than in bass.
I too contacted TechnicPnP and asked whether or not all new orders are being filled with updated harnesses and received the following response from Elias:

"ASD Bypass harness is completely fixed of schematic problems. Full bass restored. 👍"

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0