View Single Post
      03-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
VanosKickedInYo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Audi has revealed a 2.0l I4 TFSI making 420 PS in the TT Quattro Sport Concept. 0-100 km/h in 3.7 sec.

The N55 is not a performance engine and is not worth in an M car, otherwise the M3/M4 would have it instead of the S55.
I've mentioned it before and I guess I'll mention it again if you didn't understand the whole point. Yeah 410Hp is darn impressive from a 2.0 4cylinder from production, but the fact still remains how reliable the engine will be.

The n54 certain had problems with their hpfp failures and that's why bmw replaced it with the n55... but at the same time, it still never really had a turbo issue nor other internal malfunction as well...

Well however, Audi hasn't even managed to get their 2.0 TFSI working fully properly and is reported to have many turbo failures in the past/currently... This is quite disappointing since Audi has been producing 4-cylinder turbo engines for close to two decades, if my memory serves me right... + factor in the fact that their 4-cylinder engines is/has been the most sold engine and you have to start wondering if trying to produce 410hp in a 4-cylinder is a wise idea when the company can't even get their 210hp engine to work properly.

Again, like I've mentioned... Instead of wondering why m2 isn't using an s55 like the m3/m4, maybe we should wait it out and see what they can do to their n55... Hey who knows, maybe it will be just a s55 they will be putting instead...

The n55 is a very capable car, especially when a jb tuned 135/335i can pull ahead up to 110mph-ish vs. my m3 before I start to walk it... And all without having any real internal mods... Put a better IC, Intake, downpipe, etc, and it will walk my m3 until it starts hitting 150 mph +
Appreciate 0