View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #1942
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxeny View Post
I brought my 2017 in for its one year service. He dealer identified an error with ASD coding and recoded the control unit. The “latest ISID software” was used for programming.

ASD is now on, and my all my prior Bimmercode coding is gone. Saved seat positions are also gone.

I reloaded Bimmercoade today. The ASD module is now greed out and states “no data” so i’m Not sure I can turn it off anymore. The easy entry seats coding is also no longer available as it was described around page 60.

I would recommend if you bring your car to the dealer, ask them not to recode anything.

I do not believe my istep changed.
One of the problems is that if your car is under warranty, and BMW determines you need a software update, you pretty much have to take the update. I mean, you can try and fight it, but in the end, I usually relent under threats of pulling the warranty if the update isnt done. . Which is the main reason I bypassed ASD with the harness rather than facing what you are. A lot of people favor the coding, but to me, bypassing is the path with less potential resistance. When the warranty is up, I'll consider coding, but not until. Kind of depends on how customer friendly your dealer is. Mine isnt that friendly!