View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 07:59 PM   #41
kiosko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Owned 17 M4C DCT, now 21 M2C 6sp one week old

Very late to this topic, but I have had both and thought I would chime in. Might help a new reader of the thread like me. I had a CPO 17 M4C DCT Yas blue for 7 months before my wife took it for a swim 3 weeks ago. Total loss. I’m still in mourning! I did have a chance to track it twice in Sebring and Moroso. With the JB4, the car was a beast! Real fast and kept up with more expensive cars, very impressive. I have not tracked the M2C...yet, but I can give you some early impressions of the differences I have noticed so far and admittedly very early on the M2.

The ride in the M2C is somewhere between comfort and sport mode on the M4C and the main reason I picked the M2 from getting another M4. I thought it would have been much worse, closer to sport plus setting on the M4. Not trying to counter others opinions on this as it seemed most others think it was harsher, maybe M2 to M2C difference? It is a bit bouncier, but not much harsher, if that makes sense. I attribute that to the longer wheelbase on the M4 making it feel more like a GT than a sports car. It is noisier in the cabin while cruising, except in the rain, where the CF roof of the M4 made it very loud. The comp seats on the M4 sucked for comfort, the M2 feels more comfortable and has lumbar support adjustment. I did prefer the seating position in the M4, much lower in the car than the M2, which still feels a bit like driving in an SUV. Not quite that bad, but still getting use to it.

I can’t wait to track the car and will update this once I do. For now, the M2C feels nimbler on turn in and lighter, even though it is not lighter. I already think it will pull more G’s in the track than the M4, but might be my eagerness to take it to its natural home! I’m pretty sure already that it will be a much more fun track car than the M4. All of this is just my impressions of course and everyone considering both should test drive them back to back. Hope it does help someone though.

At 50, I’m acting like a little kid with a new toy and started already tweaking a 185 mile car! V2 steering wheel and MP shifter going on this weekend as well as ceramic on paint and leather. JB4 after the 1200 break in. Lastly, I have to do something about that muffler! Any other must do’s?
Appreciate 1
bmwdrive464.00