04-03-2020, 09:06 PM   #44
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosef81 View Post
///AVM - your 718 Cayman GTS looks wonderful!

I had the privilege of an extended test drive before the Corona lock down. I know keyboard warriors love beating on the 2.5l turbo, but it is a wonderful piece of engineering. With all the midrange torque, the effect of the long gearing is barely noticeable. I appreciate with the NA motor this will be more pronounced.

The chassis balance of the 718 is intrinsically better than the M2, and can be felt noticeably on my native British B road. And for my purposes it suits me better at this point in life.

I cannot imagine how BMW will improve on the chassis element of the M2 to justify the CS price delta over the competition. The power bump is negligible, and having driven the M4 ZCP for a while, I think most people will lose traction before running out of power - which can be a frustration in itself Mrs Boost.

What's worse than losing to a Camry.. for me.. having to chicken out in the Twisties chasing my Mrs in our Type R, knowing full well that she has a 130hp power deficit! (Maybe she's just a better driver than I am)
Thank you Mose!

The 718 CGTS is the best sport car I have ever owned. As you reference, the chassis is the secret ingredient. Porsche knows how to build a sport car.

Regarding F6 vs T4 debate. . . when it comes to performance, one stood out to me as superior. Got to be careful here because there are most definitely aspects of the NA engine I prefer, but not at the cost of the overall performance the T4 offers. Interested to see how the 718 GTS 4.0 performs when available in PDK?

I really like the M2C sport coupe. I only need one car and daily drive the piss out of my GTS. I do, however, have a growing urge to add an M2C or M4 to the mix . . . the M2CS offers zero appeal to me over the M2C.

Thank you again Mose and stay safe!

///AVM
Appreciate 1
PLF693767.50