View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #53
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

I'd be happy to answer your questions!

1. I currently run EC7 18x9.5 ET35's... What difference would I see with the ET22 offset of the same wheel? I want a more aggressive looking fitment... does the ET22 offset help?
The 18x9.5 ET22 will be significantly more aggressive than your current ET35 fitment. You are effectively moving the outer face of the wheel 13mm further out compared to the 18x9.5 ET35s. You mentioned that you are running 12mm spacers with your current setup? If you are able to run the 18x9.5 ET35 with 12mm spacers, the 18x9.5 ET22 will only be an additional 1mm closer to your outside fender than your current setup.

2. The forged wheels are literally double the price. For that money, am I mainly just getting a stronger wheel that won't dent as easily? I've already had to replace one EC7.
As you mentioned, our forged wheels are significantly stronger than our flow formed wheels with an increased load rating of 1000 pounds or more per vehicle compared to our flow-formed options. They are also lighter in your particular size (18x9.5 et35s in this case) and have knurled unpainted bead seats. The knurling helps the wheels grip the bead of the tire when mounted preventing tire slippage and increasing performance during high-performance driving. Our forged wheels also come in several unique finish options like polished or brushed clear.

All of our wheels also come backed by our APEX 360 replacement program. If you bend or damage an APEX wheel within 2 years of purchasing it, we will replace it at half price regardless of how it was damaged.

3. What's the widest wheel I can fit in the front of my OG M2? I have Ohlins R&T, -2.5 camber and 12mm spacers. Will a 10" rim fit?
A 10" wheel is the widest wheel that we would recommend for the front of your M2. You could either run our 18x10 ET33 with a 12mm spacer to clear your strut, or an 18x10 ET25 in the front. Either option will require at least -3.5 degrees of front camber.

Thanks
-Tom