Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Mo

The long gearing is real, but only a 'problem' if expectation does not match application.

Gearing can be changed, but it is not cheap and I am uncertain of consensus regarding satisfactions and reliability of aftermarket offerings?

You really need to have track focus or daily driving environment that allows you to routinely wring engine out to maximize performance and driving pleasure in the GT4. Not many have interest and/or access to either the track or local roadway environments.

///AVM
Interesting. I’ve got neither the money nor the space to make the GT4 a reality in my life right now, but it’s definitely a car I’d love to own and something I could see myself picking up used someday. I’ve never really worked on a mid engined car, but I just don’t think I’d let something like gearing turn me off from what is otherwise just about perfect (according to reviewers.) Either the gearing wouldn’t bug me or I’d just swap it out for a shorter rear end. But my hypothetical also involves a used car out of warranty, so I can see why this hasn’t necessarily been a popular option for current owners.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50