ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post
Today I got the Dps for my M2C, the car sounds amazing and it got over 50 whp gains just from this mod. The fuel smell from the exhaust are just a bit more but I left the stock catback so the secondary cats are doing their job. I recommend this mod to any M2C owner, but if you are keeping the stock muffler please paint it black, it looks horrible stock silver. Also if you want some extra power crank hub fix, DPs, BM3, intercooler upgrade and Turbos is the way to go, don´t waste your money on expensive Intakes, JB4 or charge pipes they don´t give you any power, stock intakes are really good.

For now my car just got DPs, when my warranty ends will be installing crank hub fix BM3 and more, will be posting all my progress. I got a JB4 but it really dissappointed me, it always got problems and when I dyno my car it actually lost power. I was really mad that day, my tunner said Bmw M engines have a really aggressive ignition map so when you turn up the boost ignition remains the same, it put the engine in a lot of stress, protects itself and the result is power lost. He had been tunning Bmw´s for more than 10 years and he install turbo kits from the 90s so I believe his word, also he has a dyno to prove what he said. Sadly 600 dollar JB4 is now my desk
I've been thinking of trying just DPs myself. I'm guessing your tuner coded the check engine light to not be shown?

Side note, I don't mind the smell of fuel in the morning
Appreciate 0