Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
I'll be curious if it works with any driver seat module, or if the car only knows about it's particular set of modules and you'd have to flash the new ones. I'm interested in putting seat heaters back in, but that will require seat modules. Want to know if I can grab any two and retrofit them, or if I have to use the original ones.
Pretty sure the seat modules will need to be flashed/programmed unless you use your original ones. Good news is that BMW uses the same seat modules on a ton of models so finding used ones should be pretty easy. They are also different type modules for the driver and passenger (I actually have a passenger side one I will let go cheap ). Don't forget about the seat wiring harnesses as well...

Interesting that you want to retro-fit heat back into your Nogaro's. I actually re-purposed the seat heater power leads in the yellow connector for an aftermarket, electric lumbar support kit if I think I need once I have my Nogaro's installed in my F80.
Electric lumbar support kit ? Do you have a link ?
Here you go:

http://www.rostra.com/comfortseat-au...-by-rostra.php

Still trying to determine which kit I would use with a bucket seat shell like the Nogaro's (there are two variants). But the kits can be had for around $140 or so.
Cheers, after a quick look into this option, you will need the front bladder kit for Nogaros (rear bladder kit is for oem style sprung seats), this electric setup looks very promising.
EDIT; Ordered the Rostra front mount kit, looks fairly easy install, much better option than the manual pumps Cobra/Recaro use.
Looking forward to your thoughts on the kit. I don't use lumbar support in my stock F80 M3 seats (it actually does not have it) and I don't feel I need it. However, I found that in my previous E46 M3 street/track car with bucket seats, the additional lumbar support would have been very beneficial - especially when driving the car on the street.

The wiring seems pretty easy (you have a power source right there at the yellow seat connector). But info on actual implementation on a race bucket seat with this kit is very lacking/non-existent.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0