12-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #38
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Great post and awesome stuff from AP.

My comment below is negative sounding, but that is not the intent... I know a ton of R&D $ has been invested and it's a niche automotive company etc.

From my perspective for an average dude doing track days, the ROI, not carbon, I struggle to justify the cost (20% of a 2016 M2) and performance gains unless you are a pretty experienced driver. Plus removing a BMW caliper takes 5 minutes to swap pads, yes annoying but... I'm not not enduro racing at a professional level.

At the end of the day the look/design and performance are A+ and if I had spare change I'd throw down on a set.
Thank you very much, and no worries at all. Our systems are a significant investment, and we get that. That's why I was pointing out the long-term economics of the situation earlier in the thread. Many times people don't think about resale value, selling their stock parts, residual value, etc. It all boils down to what each individual wants out of their car.

Quote:
Do you do them for the F80 M3 front and back? Will you plan to do them for the G80?

How would you compare to Mov'it? Their brakes are massive.
Yes, we have complete front and rear F80 kits, and yes we will have them for the G80 as well. Here are some comments and pics from a customer who recently installed them. This member is here on Bimmerpost. You can probably track him down over in the F80 section. https://www.essexparts.com/news-blog...ical-brake-kit

"First track day at Buttonwillow Raceway Park (BRP) with the Essex/AP Pro5000R. These brakes are awesome!!!I couldn’t be happier. I came from the Brembo GT w/ Type 3 rotors. Just FYI, I’ve had Brembo BBKs in my last 3 M3’s. I’m not going back. Cheers!"

Here's an F82 pic I particularly like:

I would have to see a specific product from Mov'it to do any type of reasonable or valid technical comparison. From what I've seen in the past though, I've never viewed them as a technology leader. The calipers I've seen were big as you noted, had a lot of pistons (I think I saw a 12 piston at one point?), but they didn't have anything particularly ground-breaking about them.

Last edited by jritt@essex; 12-21-2018 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
dtmurf481.50