View Single Post
      01-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Wait, whaaat!? A Civic Type-R is faster than a BMW M2 around the Nürburgring?!?

So was watching the latest episode of Amazon's "The Grand Tour" last night (great show if you are a fan of the three Top Gear guys and liked Top Gear) and James May was racing around in a new red Civic Type-R in that episode. Though I have heard great things about the Type-R (including at the LA Auto show), he made a claim during the show, "fastest front-wheel car around the Nürburgring..."

... I thought hmmm wonder how that compares to our very beloved M2 (aka I wonder how much SLOWER it was than our M2)...

So for the Civic (2:48 mins in - great video by the way):

And for the M2 (0:30 mins in):

Survey says...

Civic Type-R: 07:43:80 / M2: 07:58

Discuss...

P.S. Yes I agree the Type-R exterior looks fairly fugly (actually gives me a headache when I look at it) BUT the interior looks really good to me and since I come from a Prelude Type SH (which I loved) I really have to say congrats Honda!! Once again proving that when you guys put your mind to something you really can build something that raises the bar... ...like the S2000...

Don't misunderstand I still love my M2 and wouldn't sell it for anything (and I know there is waaaaay more to a car than just it's Nürburgring lap times) but the results are just shocking to me - that's all...
Appreciate 1
bm4w145.50