AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Yeah I just used that frostking foam from Home Depot. I had some laying around. Seemed to work well! I bet it's worth a few degrees of cooling. The do88 shroud does a good job of fitting nice around the bumpers plastic scoop. I think with it sealed up really good there would be a significant gain.

I'll have the bumper off again soon and I'll look more closely at the heat exchanger.

When it comes to oil and coolant idk that I'd be comfortable splicing lines together. Maybe I can have my local hose guy make me a custom line.
With oil pressure going to 70psi that's enough to blow a ghetto line apart easy
That's good to know!

No with the heat exchanger you'd only splice the coolant lines which aren't under major pressure - hence why the thermostat hoses, water pump hoses etc are held on by worm gear clamps. Don't ghetto splice oil hoses, you'd leave that connected to the heat exchanger. Just remove the coolant side of things.

If you want to remove the oil hoses and heat exchanger entirely, you'd have to convert to an fittings to run custom rubber hoses, and have an air conditioner shop crimp hose fittings on to the rubber style hoses so you can use the factory style oil cooler connectors. I've seen this done before on a bmw oil cooler setup.
Yeah if I'm going to do it, I'd want the heat exchanger totally gone.
I'd need to take a look at things and see what I can do.

I think I've seen oil filter housing AN line adapters. Then it would just be a matter of getting the AN lines to hook up to the factory connections at the oil cooler.
Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50