05-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #171
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
I ditched the head lamp squirters and I plan to remove tank. Unnecessary weight. I was thinking about putting some ducts from where the headlamp squirter holes are in the bumper and routing it to the do88 cooler shrouds. If it's a 2.5-3" pretty straight shot I feel like it'll possibly help a little.

I held my little shop fan that blows a fairly concentrated straight line of air into the oil cooler vent and held my other hand on the backside where it vents into the wheel well. My oil cooler side with my foam tape definitely had more are coming out into the wheel well than my do88 aux radiator on the other side. So my foam tape ghetto seal up job is doing a good job of channeling air straight through the cooler.

The highest temps I saw with the CSF oil cooler were 230 oil. I'm confident the do88 will preform better. The CSF is good for street but I wanted more head room for the track.

The quality of the do88 was decent. I had to chase all the threads on the cooler with a tap. The aux radiator was perfect however. So I hope their quality doesn't decline.

I'd really like to find a way to ditch the heat exchanger. I think it's pointless. I also don't like oil and coolant being that close to eachother if they don't need to be. I just want lines straight from the thermostat to the oil cooler. I bet that would be worth a few degrees of cooling.
Yeah that should help if you can duct more air from the head light squirters.

Very interesting and smart idea on the foam seal, I will have to steal that from you

You can ditch the heat exchanger, I believe you can easily disconnect the coolant lines and bypass it by either removing the two fittings from the hoses that go into the heat exchanger and use a piece of tubing to connect the two ends back together (leave the oil flowing through the heat exchanger it should be fine like that). Or create custom hoses from the aux water pump back to the radiator and bottom frame rail hoses using the existing connectors you will have removed from the stock line. I believe tyspeed did it this way.