AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Little update. I've been sitting on a do88 oil cooler for a while now. The car needed an oil change so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to install the oil cooler.
Install was easy, you do not need to take the bumper off. You can work from inside the wheel well. I can see why they want you to take the bumper off but you don't need too. Use your head, you can figure it out.
The oil cooler is massive! I have a strong feeling this bad boy is going to cool on track way better than the CSF I had.
I also put some foam around the bumper plastic that the do88 shroud goes to. Wanted to try and really direct air at the cooler.
Dang that hole is tiny, wish there was something we can do to open it up to allow more air to hit the oil cooler.

Also keep us posted about the cooling results. I hope it's better than the csf, d088 also seems to be better quality than the csf stuff imo.
I ditched the head lamp squirters and I plan to remove tank. Unnecessary weight. I was thinking about putting some ducts from where the headlamp squirter holes are in the bumper and routing it to the do88 cooler shrouds. If it's a 2.5-3" pretty straight shot I feel like it'll possibly help a little.

I held my little shop fan that blows a fairly concentrated straight line of air into the oil cooler vent and held my other hand on the backside where it vents into the wheel well. My oil cooler side with my foam tape definitely had more are coming out into the wheel well than my do88 aux radiator on the other side. So my foam tape ghetto seal up job is doing a good job of channeling air straight through the cooler.

The highest temps I saw with the CSF oil cooler were 230 oil. I'm confident the do88 will preform better. The CSF is good for street but I wanted more head room for the track.

The quality of the do88 was decent. I had to chase all the threads on the cooler with a tap. The aux radiator was perfect however. So I hope their quality doesn't decline.

I'd really like to find a way to ditch the heat exchanger. I think it's pointless. I also don't like oil and coolant being that close to eachother if they don't need to be. I just want lines straight from the thermostat to the oil cooler. I bet that would be worth a few degrees of cooling.
Appreciate 0