View Single Post
      02-22-2022, 10:52 AM   #20
speedsnice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
590/593, nice. I would have guessed 585/590. It looks great.

This is very interesting. I had no idea that the finish on the FI-R could be matched, or that BBS would recommend such. Mind if I ask what happened, and the shop you're using? The reason I ask is because I tried to get insurance for my wheels through my insurance company, but the type of coverage they offer isn't replacement in case of a curb scar like I was hoping, it's just replacement in the event of an accident, so I'd probably need to get the wheel refinished if I hit a curb or similar.

Thank you. It'd be the outer shoulder then. You're at -1.8° now and plan to go -2.5°?
The finish on my FI-R’s is platinum gloss metallic and a stone got stuck between the caliper and barrel. The damage was very light and I tried to wet sand and polish it. With a Rupes polisher and a light compound it burned through the finish on the barrel. The paint is very thin on the FI-R.

BBS recommended Proformance Industries in New York. They had a set of FI-R’s from a Porsche that they had just refinished with the same issue. I am hoping to have the wheel back by the weekend.

I am going to run at least -2.5 camber up front.
///MPhatic13862.50