View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 12:37 PM   #10
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

For anyone finding this thread in future searches, this is what I've found with regards to rubbing and tire fitment on the FI-R.

Some people experience rubbing in the front at full lock with even the OEM 245/35/19 star-spec PSS. This is down to the tire being unusually wide for a 245 at 8.8 inches, because most245's are 8.2 to 8.6 inches wide. This is also mostly reported with stock height cars. Lowering the car creates a bit more negative camber and therefore more room on the outside.

The first two pictures below are of cars wearing 255/35 & 275/35 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R tires (NLA), and they do not experience rubbing. These tires are known to run wide at 9.3 and 10 inches wide respectively, but as you can see the cars are very low (and the black car may have additional front negative camber via camber plates).

The last two pictures are of a car wearing Toyo Proxes R888R tires (same as the black car above, but earlier in its life), which are also known to run very wide, in 265/30 and 295/30. EAS told me that the front is cambered to work with this size, but no mention about the rear, so I assume they fit fine just being lowered. These tires are extremely wide at 10 inches in the front and 11.3 inches in the rear.

My brother swears by the Firehawks he has, so I am considering them in the 265/30 and 285/30 sizes once the car is lowered a little more, and will report back with my findings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0