Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
What is considered bad weather? Literally snow and ice? I'm more worried about driving to the castle and Salzburg (elevation)

do I really want to drive 120 miles out then be nervous on the road @ night not fish tailing or skidding off exit ramps?

Btw: I've driven in Barcelona, Rome, Paris lots of major city's in Europe, Euro roads remind me of Boston USA (small) windy and lots of rotaries (roundabouts) I'm also from a cold climate driving in bad weather sometimes is white knuckle but doable

Issue is a high performance rwd car on summer rubber on non snowy roads but cold temps 45-35 degrees with 50% rain, will it feel like driving on wooden wheels?

My 6th Bmw but all had xdrive, never thought twice about safety on a winter drive 330xi 528xi 328xi X5 and another X5
Specifically icy conditions. I personally wouldn't go anywhere with elevation and risk it when weather could be hard to predict. I wouId however drive around town and possibly to other cities such as Frankfurt if the weather permitted. I've done winters with summer tires in the past and they are horrendous with any ice or snow.

I am not familiar with Austrian laws so not sure how that reads.
Fu*k it, every time I take a chance I get burned, I can see myself next week careful about speed, engine break in, checking weather, asking questions about road conditions, I have enough stress in my life I want to enjoy my trip

Renting a big fat luxury all wheel drive sedan, not caring about parking or wear n tear
Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50