View Single Post
      05-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #2
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Right having done more research the usual 'plug in a battery charger' while coding/flashing is incorrect. What you would need is a voltage stabliser which is usually 300 £/$ +.

Battery chargers are incapable and not designed to offset the current draw incurred by coding. Your best bet is to top off the battery then flash/code then charge it again when finished.

Went for a long drive today and auto start stop functioned for the first time in a long time. So it is highly probably my daily commute of 5 miles total is not charging my battery correctly.

For what it's worth I went for the Noco Genius 10(UK) as don't have a garage, when I'm on charge I want it done as soon as possible. Also AGM batteries should be charged at a higher C rating as possible, they actually like it. 10 Amps doesn't even tickle them tbh.

Was torn between CTEK but 1) there was no stock in UK anymore (lockdown = flat batteries!) and 2) common reliability issue of the mode button failing and CTEK being lousy about honouring warranty.
Appreciate 0