View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #81
M4 GTS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02M3 19X3M40 on order 21 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Sure. First thing I noticed was constant transmission whine at all speeds with little to no engaging engine noise until wound up which was unexpected. Lots of tinny rocks off the fenders while driving and road noise so loud you couldn't have a conversation. Those were the things I could have lived with. The engine didn't really start to sing or make much of a nose until 5k, which with the gearing was illegal speeds in second gear already. Basically wasn't fun to play with or row gears in around the back roads or city unless you are willing to forfeit your license. It was pretty clear that it was a fabulous track car with great precision but was just not setup to be playful in day to day driving like I found the M2 to be. A lesson I learned a long time ago was recognize the purpose of the vehicle you are buying for and don't compromise it for low percentage uses. So even though I'll track a fair number of times, most driving will be fun back roads and city driving, and the GT4 was not the best candidate for ME in those cases. Add in that I realized that taking my kids on drives and to car shows mattered in the equation it further tipped the GT4 off the scale even though it had been a five year dream and obsession. Your views may vary.
I agree on that
Appreciate 0