01-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #17
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Ok, an update. Just had my AS SSK installed (20% reduction, 80a bushings, and stock height) with the new slave cylinder and wanted to share some very quick initial impressions. Overall, the clickity-clack nature of the SSK is absolutely true. Feels so mechanical that it honestly caught be by surprised and it took some driving to get used to the new precise feel vs the numb sloppiness of before. It is a little more noisy when just driving (vs the obvious noise while shifting). It's like a low whirring, but my mechanic noted that the SSK parts don't have all the rubber cupping and dampener pieces that the OG shifter had, so you are going to hear more of the engine/transmission noise come through the boot into the cabin. It's not bad or a downside just going to take time to get used to actually hearing some mechanical pieces working.

As to the Slave Cylinder CDV solution, I was super skeptical and honestly cannot believed it worked. Mind you, only took it for a short drive, but the engagement point is identical (it seems to me) in every gear. In fact, it's so precise where it engages that I found myself having to relearn how to drive manual because my muscle memory was building in delays from before.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Could you please expand a little on what you meant exactly when you said you had to 're-learn how to drive a manual'?

Is there a drastic difference in MO from post and pre CDV?
Appreciate 0