View Single Post
      09-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I went Aquamist, and installed it myself. I'm now running the Stage 2 93 OTS map on CA 91 pump gas with a 50:50 water / methanol blend.

I've had it installed now for a few months, and have found it to be exceptionally good about lowering IATs, to the point that I'm even considering going back to the stock FMIC. For octane, fuelling and cooling of the combustion to prevent pre-ignition, it seems to be doing the job as well. I'm very happy.

The Aquamist system uses the injector duty cycle to determine WMI flow, and starts injecting at ~50% duty cycle. The system can use boost as well, but that's not the default case.

There are some systems that are progressive, and Aquamist is one of them. In practical use however, I think the major benefit to a progressive system is that you don't waste your methanol. If you're flooring it, you'll be making max boost and max fuelling anyway, so you'll therefore be injecting max methanol. It's only really at part throttle / low revs that you see the progressive nature of the system in action.

Details are in this thread: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1622247

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
M2OG400.00