View Single Post
      03-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #82
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
There is no drone with any exhaust I believe, if you keep the valves closed. I have not heard anyone with an aftermarket exhaust complain about it. Most people don't have the switch so they will never experience it, because the stock valve behavior closes the valve at third gear and therefore you never really notice it without going fully WOT on your throttle press.

And when you go fully WOT you don't really notice or care either, because the increased noise from the exhaust is something you would expect when you go WOT. This is next to the fact that the revs increase rapidly and you really don't notice any drone. Drone only happens at a static rev range and you will start to find it annoying after like a minute.

Only suggestion I would want to give you is the following! Take an exhaust that has the valve in the outer bypass pipes. If you do this then the exhaust is quiet in efficient and on the highway because the valves are closed when cruising. If you opt for another type of exhaust that has the valves for instance really close to the (inner) tailpipes then you end up with a much louder exhaust even when the valves are closed. Example: Don't choose Eisenmann, but Lightweight, Remus or Akrapovic. Have a look how their systems are made and you will notice the other pipes having the valves, and with valves closed they are really quiet and comfortable, open them up and you have the noise.

MPE for the OG M2 is rubbish in my opinion. Cheap made rubbish that allows you to keep your warranty, but that is just me. I never loved that thing. It rattles, drones and vibrates. Add that to the horrible remote and the idiotic button in the trunk and it says enough. There are so many great options in the market at a similar price tag and I would always suggest people to get Remus over a MPE.

MR
Thx for the informative reply. You're making the exhaust purchase a lot easier!

I really want to go with REMUS after reading your post but that 1050e extra for only the carbon tips is a bit of a deal breaker imho

Remus exhaust is Ø 70 mm. These chinese tips are 70mm too, you reckon they would fit?

Last edited by Dav3; 03-24-2019 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0