View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #695
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Let's tackle the track goodies and transmission conundrum with a bit of logical reasoning.

First imagine how you think BMW will position/market the M2 CS and its expected main use by target customers: daily driver ? mainly (extra) urban ? mainly track ? or a mix of all that ? Don't confuse 'versatile' with 'jack of all trades, master of none'. Subsequently, do the same exercise with the base M2 and compare your answers (whilst keeping in mind about the base M2 that "every adventure requires a first step"). Then ask yourself: would it make sense that BMW offers more choice this time around ? Maybe asking yourself that question, is already answering it.

Although in the end BMW could prove us all wrong, I trust that they will walk the smart road by offering choices, as this may offer an advantage over the competition, garner interest of a broad market of potential customers and allow to keep the base price (zero options) attractive. Let's face it: Porsche brilliantly masters the highly profitable 'à la carte' (personalization) success formula: your wish is our command. This may inspire BMW as well (of course to the extent that it's compatible with production facility possibilities and, probably, the M3/M4 hierarchy).
Attachment 1684778
If I (consumer) was the the "Alice" and BMW the Cat, I would know exactly where I want to go and would ask the cat precisely that. However, there are not infinite roads and sooner or later one of the Alice would want to go to a place that the cat would simply not know the direction to in which case, Alice would go to a different cat. The Cat needs to know which Alice(s) to cater to.

The other scenario where that analogy would make sense is if BMW was the "Alice" and they were asking themselves that question about where they wanted to go with the M2 CS. In such a scenario where BMW was "Alice", at the end of the day, Alice cannot be at more than one place at the same time. She would have to pick one place and not think about the other. Hopefully, she picks the right place.

This is basically the old adage "You cannot please all the people, all the time". Some of us people have not been pleased for quite some time and it is now high time

Last edited by Gatte; 09-03-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0