Rep
Drives: M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbane1967 View Post
This must be warranty ?
Something wrong with the electronic module in the trunk probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by njw View Post
Your dealer should replace it under warranty. They know it is expensive and shouldn't have issues.

I took my MPE in, explained the issue (droning), and they installed a new one without question.

New one is perfect (no drone, no rattles, no Bluetooth issues).
Today I picked my car from the dealer. They have been checking the MPE for two days. Of course the exhaust (or remote / module in the trunk) has not been replaced. They recoded the ASD (which is not related to the MPE at all). The delaer was not sure if my MPE is actually faulty. According to them it could be working as designed - the valves are automatically closing after 15 seconds when activated by remote from the inside the cabin, because they believe it (the remote controller) should have been located in the trunk next to the red button. It could be another precaution to prevent enabling "track mode" on the streets.
I was like: "OK but why BMW is providing the mount for the remote for the cup holder?" The reply was: "It was probably provided by the mistake from the previous version of MPE".
"OK, so why the valves are closing after 5-8 minutes when the remote is inside the trunk?"
>> "We have no idea, but will ask BMW Poland for their opinion".

I would not be surprised when they would get back to me saying that 5-8 minutes is enough to do a one lap on the track
Appreciate 0