vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I forget where but I do remember reading about having a "sleep time apple watch". What benefit does it have for you to have a sleeping watch?
It tracks your sleep hours, and plots them in the HealthKit app. For those who are not on massive doses of vitamin pee (water pills), it also sends a congratulatory message every morning for accomplishing your sleep goal. In my case, it plots my hourly trips to the driver's lounge. (As I write this at 8:55 AM, my watch is already showing that I have already have 8 hours towards my hourly stand ring today because of overnight bathroom trips.)

The newer watches also have improved pulse/cardiac monitors and alerting compared to my night Series 3. When your ticker is electrically hot-wired as badly as mine is, every alert may be a life-saver.

The most important reason for my night watch is home control. I can tell Siri to turn on the garage floodlights if I hear a bear rattling the garbage cans at 3 AM without getting out of bed. More recently, there was a thunderstorm last week in the middle of the night, and I turned the automatic dog door off before our OCD psycho dog could make it to the door in full-charge knucklehead mode to try and bite the lightning from the back yard.

It's probably worth mentioning that the Apple engineers programmed for people to have multiple watches, and your stats magically move between them as you switch back and forth between them.....