07-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #12
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
Nice review! Where did you get the steering wheel and was it hard to install?
Dealer got it and installed it so it was easy for me I don't think they are available in the US yet but Canada can, for some reason, get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Absolute blasphemy! . I mean really , no one actually really thinks the M2 in any situation for even an instant could be better than an M4..

Your are just justifying your purchase and you couldn't afford the M3/M4 ... ( I've seen people post that, so it must be true ! ).

It's either that or you are now becoming a car journalist.

And of course your opinion is wholly invalid because you haven't been on the track in your M2 !

I don't want to though. :
It's funny, I was actually thinking this exact same thing when I was writing my thoughts out.

Just to get out in front of some of those inevitable comments, let me clarify for those who need it.....

I actually took the car to my "proving grounds" where I can push it very hard before deciding to post this. I have hundreds of track hours in a number of cars and I actually think I'm relatively good at getting a sense for the car's true ability on the right back road even though I'm not quite at the car's limit. But, as you point out, I was thinking that many will discount my opinion (even though it is just MY opinion) because I wasn't actually at a track... even though most of them will NEVER be at a track anyway

You know, I actually would love to be an auto journalist... how cool would that job be!! The problem is then I actually wouldn't be able to afford the M4 I just sold after two years of ownership (or the C7 Z51, or the C63 coupe, or my two E92 M3's).

Some may not believe me but I don't keep cars long enough to feel the need to "justify my purchase" Had my initial concern remained after a few weeks of ownership, I would have sold the M2 and bought something else Life is FAR too short to hold onto a car you don't really like if there is a better option you could have. If I wanted my M4 back, I'd have my M4 back That doesn't mean I won't want another some day but, today, the M2 is the better car for me given what I'm looking for in a car.

2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3

Last edited by gthal; 07-05-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 2