View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #60
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
How are you liking the 265 tire on a 9" wheel, especially given that the NS-2R run a bit wider than some of the other tires? Does the steering still feel as responsive as stock? I've read that with a 265 tire on a 9" wheel, the steering feel/responsiveness could be negatively impacted due to increased sidewall flex.

I'm thinking of going Hankook RS4 in either the same 265/285 on a 9/10 wheel, but Tire Rack is showing that they have an even wider contact patch than your NS-2Rs. Backup would be 245/40 and 265/40 RS4s.
Not enough experience to really tell. Nankang says the NS-2R should be fit to a 9.5" wheel so your are completely right in your points.

Check what Hankook says about the RS4 and wheel width. They are not available in the EU so I have not researched them.

I only got to do one very wet track day on a brand new track on these tires before the COVID shutdowns so not really able to push them. They felt great in the rain and when new carried away a lot of water.

I drove hard on some country roads last weekend and the steering felt the same as always but they were not up to temp or anything. I got one floaty moment from the front but that was more trailbraking into a corner at way too high a speed.

So far they feel as sharp as stock and give great grip without sacrificing too much wear or road noise.

I also ran the same tires on my previous car, also a bit too wide, and I did not notice anything vis a vis the steering. I think the much harder sidewalls compensate for the slight pinch.