03-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #1
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Replaced stock 80mm exhaust tips with larger 98mm tips. Perfect.

You might laugh at this, but when I bought the M2 the only thing I thought HAD to go were the terrible exhaust tips. IMO they didn't fit the car at all because they were way too small, hung down too low, and didn't fit the aggressive character of the car. It's like they were designed to be replaced.

Doing some searches it looked like to me a lot of guys were getting slightly bigger tips but they were darker, which made them look better, but didn't actually add any aggression because they were only slightly larger. And to top it off, many of these exhaust companies want their logo to be OBVIOUS, so the tips end up sticking out like buck teeth.

Seeing the nutty "BMW taxed" prices of exhausts, and loving the way the stock exhaust sounded, I decided to just do tips. This in itself wasn't as easy as it sounded, because again, a lot of these tips stick out too far, and aren't big enough to suit me.

I knew I wanted the 102mm CF Remus angled tips, but they are literally stupid expensive, and they're titanium inside, which I was told was very difficult to weld to the stock exhaust. So the next best thing were the Remus brushed 98mm tips, which andrewc89 gave me a fantastic deal on. I had a local shop cut them down to size, tuck them in, and weld them on for a big bad $80.

Now, before you crucify me, I'm not trying to pretend I have a Remus exhaust. In fact, the tips are tucked under so the Remus logo can't even be read unless you are very close, and I'm super happy with the result.

Anyway, here's the two tips compared. Stock 80mm chrome on the top, and Remus 98mm brushed silver on the bottom. Same camera/lens, and at nearly the same angle, which makes it pretty obvious that this is how the car should have come from the factory.
Attached Images

Appreciate 12
nioh_lbbm21716.50
Poochie9103.00
JTO245271.50
AndrewC198910910.50
samsamdar580.00
JustChris17483.00
Altra265.50
///M TOWN16075.50